Night Support Assistants- Lewisham Young People's Services
Lewisham YP Accommodation Services
Waking nights including bank holidays and weekends, 21 hours per week x1, various hours x2
£20,572.50 per annum (pro rata)
Do you believe everyone should have a place to call home and the chance to lead a fulfilling life?
At SHP (Single Homeless Project), you’ll be part of one of London’s leading homelessness prevention charities, a dynamic and growing organisation changing 8,000 lives every year across London - from supporting people in crisis to helping them take the final steps towards independence and employment.
SHP was founded by a group of homeless people in the mid-1970s and more than 40 years on, we still try to look at the world through our clients’ eyes, putting their needs and viewpoints at the centre of everything we do. Above all, we believe that, no matter what challenges they face, everyone we work with has the capacity to take control of their lives and shape their own futures.
Are you looking for a flexible opportunity to work waking nights across our Lewisham Young People's Services?
We are looking for candidates who:
- Have a genuine passion for working with young people.
- Are looking for night working hours.
- Can manage the sometimes complex behaviours our clients may present with and can adapt to fit with those varying needs.
- Can fit in with teams.
- Have a flexible, resilient, thoughtful and committed approach to their work.
- You must be self motivating and energetic & reliable.
We offer the chance to gain valuable experience working as part of a dynamic service staffed by experienced, enthusiastic and committed individuals.
If you like the sound of this we would love to hear from you.
Please see attached job profile for further information.
Closing date for applications: 10th July 2019 @ noon
Interviews to be held: 18th July 2019
SHP is IIP accredited and an equal opportunities employer. Our attractive benefits package includes:
- Competitive starting salary
- A 37.5 hour working week including flexible working hours (core hours are 10am – 4pm) in non-accommodation services
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 28 days (plus eight paid Bank Holidays)
- A contributory pension scheme: SHP will Contribute the equivalent of 5% of your annual salary
- Comprehensive and integrated training programme designed specifically to develop the skills and knowledge involved in our work
- Regular support and development focussed line management supervision
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), available to all staff
- Paid carers' leave and compassionate leave
- Sick leave, up to three months full pay then three months half pay
- Generous maternity leave (16 weeks full pay and up to 24 weeks half pay) and four weeks paid paternity leave, depending on length of service
- Interest free public transport season ticket loan (after six months)
- Tax exemption for ’cycle to work’ scheme and payroll giving