Caseworker - Single Homeless Prevention Service (SHPS)
37.5 hours per week
Starting at £24,415.11 rising incrementally to £26,304.07 per annum
Do you believe everyone should have a place to call home and the chance to lead a fulfilling life?
At SHP (Single Homeless Project), you’ll be part of one of London’s leading homelessness prevention charities, a dynamic and growing organisation changing 8,000 lives every year across London - from supporting people in crisis to helping them take the final steps towards independence and employment.
SHP was founded by a group of homeless people in the mid-1970s and more than 40 years on, we still try to look at the world through our clients’ eyes, putting their needs and viewpoints at the centre of everything we do. Above all, we believe that, no matter what challenges they face, everyone we work with has the capacity to take control of their lives and shape their own futures.
SHP are excited to deliver a brand new service working at the forefront of tackling homelessness in London. Embedded into Islington Housing Options team this new service will support single adults with low to medium needs to help prevent or relieve their homelessness and then sustain their tenancies.
Based in Islington councils offices on Upper Street, Caseworkers will be responsible for assessing applicants needs and then producing and delivering highly effective support plans to achieve the applicants housing goals. As a new service we are looking for experienced staff who can hit the ground running to make sure we really have an impact on our clients lives. We are looking for staff who have:
- An understanding of working in floating support services; with a demonstrable knowledge of Housing and other related Legislation.
- Experience of delivering high quality, structured and time limited interventions that prevented or relieved homelessness.
- Experience of completing in depth assessments and producing planned co-produced support plans focused on setting and achieving goals.
- Ability to work in close partnership with external agencies and effectively liaise with a range of service providers or agencies in order to establish or improve services for clients.
- Ability to be self motivating, work under pressure, and manage time effectively, prioritising different areas of work according to need.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 25th July 2019
Interviews to be held on: Friday 2nd August 2019
SHP is IIP accredited and an equal opportunities employer. Our attractive benefits package includes:
- Competitive starting salary
- A 37.5 hour working week including flexible working hours (core hours are 10am – 4pm) in non-accommodation services
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 28 days (plus eight paid Bank Holidays)
- A contributory pension scheme: SHP will Contribute the equivalent of 5% of your annual salary
- Comprehensive and integrated training programme designed specifically to develop the skills and knowledge involved in our work
- Regular support and development focussed line management supervision
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), available to all staff
- Paid carers' leave and compassionate leave
- Sick leave, up to three months full pay then three months half pay
- Generous maternity leave (16 weeks full pay and up to 24 weeks half pay) and four weeks paid paternity leave, depending on length of service
- Interest free public transport season ticket loan (after six months)
- Tax exemption for ’cycle to work’ scheme and payroll giving